Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1/25/2011

Ok, I thought it was time for an update in my progress of finding the perfect recipes.  My search has been long and hard.  I’m not only trying to find the perfect recipe, I’m looking for the recipe that will throw me headlong into Greek food.  I want to taste Greek in every bite.  Anyone can go and order a gyro, I want something real.  So here are the recipes I’m kind of feeling right now.
Appetizers:
3 Cheese Eggplant rolls
Olives with Lemon
Peppers stuffed with feta
Mydia me Tomata Kai Skordo (Mussels with Tomato and Garlic)
Keftethakia (Cocktail Meatballs)

Main Courses:
Potato and Lamb Moussaka
Arni Tis Katsorolas Me Patates (Potted Lamb Casserole)
Lamb and Eggplant Moussaka

Desserts:
Baklava
Koulourakia

I’m also on the search for a good wine to drink with dinner.  Anyone have any ideas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment